This article provides the information required to set up SAML 2 authentication using Google Workspace
- Create a Custom SAML Application in your Google Workspace. Instructions for doing this can be found on the Google Support website: https://support.google.com/a/answer/6087519
- Download the IdP Metadata during the set-up process and send this to email@example.com
- Add the following Service Provider details (you will need to replace ACS URL later):
- ACS URL: https://auth.digitaltheatreplus.com/temporary
- Entity ID: https://auth.digitaltheatreplus.com
- Start Url: https://edu.digitaltheatreplus.com
- Configure the Name ID as:
- Format: Email
- Name ID: Primary email
- Configure the Attributes to map the Google directory attribute 'Primary Email' to the App attribute 'email'
- Assign the new custom SAML App to the Users who required access
- Replace the ACS URL value with the correct entry when supplied by Digital Theatre+
- Test the SAML Login works as expected, and reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any issues.
You may choose to use the image below for the Application Icon during configuration.