This article explains how to use the OpenAthens Redirector to deep link to specific pages when using the OpenAthens Managed Proxy
You can use the OpenAthens Redirector Generator to create a URL that will bypass the 'Where are you from' step.
The generator performs the following steps:
- Find the non-proxied address of the page you want to link to.
- For example: https://edu.digitaltheatreplus.com/titles/hamlet
- URL encode the address.
- You can use an online tool to do this, such as: https://meyerweb.com/eric/tools/dencoder/
- Copy the URL encoded address. For example: https%3A%2F%2Fedu.digitaltheatreplus.com%2Ftitles%2Fhamlet
- Construct the OpenAthens Redirector URL as follows: https://go.openathens.net/redirector/<DOMAIN>?url=<ENCODED URL>
- Replace <DOMAIN> with your top-level domain (e.g. calu.edu)
- Replace <ENCODED URL> with the URL you created in step 2
- For example: https://go.openathens.net/redirector/calu.edu?url=https%3A%2F%2Fedu.digitaltheatreplus.com%2Ftitles%2Fhamlet