You can send additional information, such as whether a user is a Student or Teacher, or the Student Grade/Year or the Location/School by configuring additional attributes in your Google Workspace
- Go to your Google Workspace Admin Console
- Go to Apps > Web and Mobile Apps > and select the App you created for DT+
- Go to SAML Attribute Mapping
- Click Add Mapping
- Select the field containing the information you want to send (the Google directory attribute)
- Enter a name for the "App attribute" (text only, no spaces or punctuation, e.g. "role").
- Repeat steps 4-6 for additional attributes
- Click Save
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the "App attribute" name (e.g. "role") and possible values (e.g. "student", "teacher", "staff" etc.)
You can also send Group membership, if that helps identify your users, you will need to tell us the structure of your groups, as DT+ will receive this as "/root/group/group"
What does Digital Theatre+ do with this information?
- We will create rules on DT+ to match the information you send when the user signs in, and place the user in the appropriate group.
Screenshot showing organisational unit path being sent as orgUnit attribute.