This error occurs when the Digital Rights Management (DRM) can't determine the correct configuration to use
If you encounter the error "Unsupported keySystem or supportedConfigurations" when loading a video or audio content item, please submit a new support request with the following information.
- What is the name and version of your web browser is. https://www.whatsmybrowser.org/ can help you find this information easily.
- What the URL of the page you're attempting to play video on is. E.g. https://edu.digitaltheatreplus.com/content/productions/mind-the-gap
- Go to https://bitmovin.com/demos/drm and confirm the video plays, and provide us with the information shown under Media Source Extension – MSE and Encrypted Media Extension – EME.
This issue may occur for several different reasons, each with its solution.
Support for Encrypted Media Extensions has been disabled in your web browser
- In Microsoft Edge, go to edge://flags/ and confirm that the setting for Widevine is enabled. If it is disabled, enable it and restart your browser.
- In Chrome, go to chrome://settings/content/protectedContent and confirm the setting for Sites can play protected content is enabled. If it is disabled, enable it and restart your browser.
- In Firefox, go to about:preferences and confirm the setting for Play DRM-controlled content is enabled. If it is disabled, enable it and restart your browser.
Issues occur across multiple web browsers
When we've seen this error previously, it may be due to the video not being correctly encoded during publishing, so the first step we'll take to try and resolve the issue is to re-publish the video.