This article outlines the different methods of authentication that you can use to access Digital Theatre+
Digital Theatre+ recommends using Single Sign On (SSO) with SAML to authenticate your users to our service, however additional options are available should you require them.
In other articles in our knowledge base you may:
- Read about why we recommend you use Single Sign On (SSO) with SAML
- Understand how users sign in using Single Sign On (SSO) with SAML
- Find information for IT teams on how to set up Single Sign On (SSO) with SAML
Nearly all commercial and open source identity, authorisation and authentications systems support Single Sign On (SSO) with SAML, including: Google Workspace, Azure Active Directory, Active Directory File System, Okta, Forgerock, OneLogin, Auth0, Clever, OpenAthens, Shibboleth, AWS IAM, PingIdentity and many more.
All available options
- Single Sign On (SSO) with SAML, including Federated SAML, such as UK Federation or InCommon
- Username and Password. You securely send us the email addresses of users who you would like to be added, and we'll import them for you. Users will receive an account activation email in order to set their own password.
- IPv4 and/or IPv6 IP Authentication (you send us the list of Classless inter-domain routing (CIDR) ranges, and we'll add them to our system)
- IPv4 and/or IPv6 IP Authentication with Proxy (e.g. EZproxy or OpenAthens Managed Proxy)
If you have any questions about authentication options, or have specific needs you would like to discuss, please get in touch via email@example.com.
Secure transmission of email addresses
Secure transmission of email addresses must (a) use file encryption and (b) provide the passphrase for decryption via a separate medium.
For example, do not send both the encrypted file and the passphrase over email.
You may wish to use a service such as https://onetimesecret.com/ to provide the passphrase