This article helps you understand how to cite content found on Digital Theatre+, with examples of the citations for different resource types.
Example of citing a production:
- Bovell, A. (2016). Things I Know To Be True. Frantic Assembly. Lyric Hammersmith, London, directed by Scott Graham and Geordie Brookman. [online] Available at: <https://edu.digitaltheatreplus.com/content/productions/things-i-know-to-be-true> [Accessed 8 April 2021]
Examples of citing other filmed resources:
- Buffong, M. (2016). Talking about Plays… Girls: An Interview with Michael Buffong. [online] Digital Theatre+. Available at: <https://edu.digitaltheatreplus.com/content/interviews/talking-about-plays-girls-an-interview-with-michael-buffong> [Accessed 8 April 2021]
- Costa, M., L. Gardner and L. Keidan. (2017). Talking About Theatre and Performance: A Roundtable with Maddy Costa, Lyn Gardner and Lois Keidan. [online] Digital Theatre+. Available at: <https://edu.digitaltheatreplus.com/content/interviews/talking-about-theatre-and-performance-a-roundtable-with-maddy-costa-lyn> [Accessed 8 April 2021]
Examples of citing written resources:
- Leach, R. (2018). A Concise Introduction to: Pantomime. [online] Digital Theatre+. Available at: <https://edu.digitaltheatreplus.com/content/guides/pantomime> [Accessed 8 April 2021]
- edu.digitaltheatreplus.com. (2018). Things I Know To Be True Resource Pack [online] Digital Theatre+. Available at: <https://edu.digitaltheatreplus.com/content/guides/things-i-know-to-be-true-or-a-comprehensive-guide> [Accessed 8 April 2021]
Need additional information about the piece of content you're citing?
To search for additional information about a piece of content on Digital Theatre+, such as a production or publication date, you can head to the website footer and click “content reports” which will download a zip folder with 3 location-specific tsv files.
Once you open the relevant tsv file in Excel, Google Sheets or your preferred spreadsheet program, you will have all the information about the piece of content to hand for reference in citation.
For step-by-step instructions on this process, please refer to the article on downloading content reports.